The SELACO WDB strives to benefit both the jobseeker and the employer by providing an array of resources and links. SELACO WDB staff will assist you in selecting the services that best meet your needs.
Saving jobs is SELACO WDBs primary job!
The Southeast Los Angeles County Workforce Development Board (SELACO WDB) is launching its Business Enhancement Services to offer technical assistance to businesses interested in growth or restructuring strategies. A team of professionals will be reaching out to local companies to share unique business resources that can help a business thrive in today’s competitive economy. Most services offered are at no cost and can include process improvement coaching, support with marketing, sales, personnel recruitment, retraining and attaining industry specific certifications. It is this type of support that can position a business in a more competitive light and secure the continued employment of their workforce.
SELACO WDB works with Artesia, Bellflower, Cerritos, Downey, Hawaiian Gardens, Lakewood and Norwalk to provide help to businesses and job seekers alike. Our team wants to talk with you, learn about your business and where you would like to enhance your potential for success. Our goal is to work together to build a relationship that allows us to leverage community resources and support the growth of your company.
Many companies today are discovering the power of continued skills training to increase overall efficiency, employee productivity, and customer satisfaction which lead to higher profits and greater job gratification. The mission of SELACO WDB is to provide businesses, both large and small, with a more efficient workforce using current information and instructional technologies to stimulate the development of innovative educational programs. Our programs and services are designed to help companies prepare themselves and their employees for the future.
Business-to-Business Service Links
Beyond the employee-related service provided here at SELACO WDB, we maintain strong connections with organizations that specialize in assistance to small and medium-sized companies. Through our Business Linkage Services, assistance and information is available in areas such as:
• Financial resources
• Business Development
• Economic Development
• Technical resources
Employee Recruitment and Selection Services
HIRING EMPLOYEES? Get help with your recruitment at no cost. SELACO WDB’s Career Center is a place “Where Business and Job Seekers Find Each Other”. A One-Stop Career Center is dedicated to helping employers post their job openings, locate and screen applicants, and discover resources to train individuals for their specific skills need.
• Recruitment and screening: Career Center staff will respond quickly to post your open position, make it available on the internet
through Employment Development Department’s Cal Jobs system, and screen suitable applicants who meet your employment requirements.
• On-The-Job Training can help fund the expense of training new employees for a unique position with specific skill requirements.
• Interviewing Facilities: You are welcome to utilize the career center facilities for interviewing candidates.
• Advertising and post your job openings.
• Pre-screen applicants to your company’s requirements.
• Conduct applicant skill assessments.
• Use SELACO WDB offices & resources to conduct mass recruitments and interviews.
Employee Skill Assessments
In order to maintain your competitive edge, you may find the need to upgrade and enhance the skills of your staff. But where do you begin? The SELACO WDB provides comprehensive skills assessment of employees covering a variety of subject matters. The assessment process will help determine how well your employees are performing, and what areas show the greatest need for training. Obtain a clear and objective picture of your staffs strengths and weaknesses in areas including:
• Reading Comprehension
• Mechanical Reasoning
• Verbal Reasoning
• Language Usage
• Perception & Accuracy
• Math Abilities
• Spatial Relations
• Numerical Ability
• Word Knowledge
Transition and Downsizing Services
• Services designed to avert layoffs by increasing productivity and profitability through employee training.
• Rapid Response services, created to give a head start to those designated for layoff services may include:
• No-charge opportunities providing re-employment assistance to your staff.
• Job-seeking information, resources and referrals, as well as assistance with unemployment benefits.