Frontline Veterans Conference (click this link)
For veterans, SELACO WDB offers priority of services including pre-employment preparation (full range of job search workshops), short-term vocational training, case management, support services, social service referrals, and job matching placement.
SELACO WDB partners with the EDD Veterans Employment Program Representative to assist veterans with career counseling, employment and training opportunities as well as offer resources and referrals to veterans and their spouses.
Veteran Services include:
- Priority of Service
- Gold Card Services
- Preference in access to all services
- Career Assessment and Counseling
- Discover your aptitudes and interests
- Convert your military skills to civilian terms
- Job search assistance, résumé and cover letter creation
- Interviewing skills – learn up-to-date strategies and conduct mock interviews
- Information on local wage rates, demand for skills and other labor market information
- Resources and referrals – to other programs that provide community based services outside of employment and training
SELACO WDB on-site EDD Veterans Employment Representative
Assists veterans seeking employment and training, as well as, provides information concerning educational and medical benefits. Veteran Orientations held at the SELACO WDB, AJCC in Cerritos on the third Thursday of every month from 9am to Noon.
EDD – Service for Veterans
The Employment Development Department (EDD) assists veterans and their eligible spouses maximize their employment and training opportunities. Veterans are entitled to many resources designed to help in their search for employment.
(Click flyer for larger image)
If you are a veteran in need of employment programs or services, please call Goodwill Southern California Workforce & Career Development at 844-626-5284. Click icon for direct link to GSC website:
Transfer to a Civilian Career in 4 easy steps!
Click Here: VETERANS JOB EXCHANGE
Growing Veteran owned business opportunities through collaboration, not duplication.
SELACO WDB is proud to sponsor the Jonas Project which provides U.S. Veterans the support needed to create their own business. Veterans will receive mentoring from experts, and business services and resources to help ensure their success as entrepreneurs. Click here: thejonaspoject.org